Resident Nutanix Engineer
GECO Asia Pte Ltd is looking for a Resident Nutanix Engineer with skills and/or knowledge mainly on Nutanix, Virtualization, and Citrix for an exciting project in Indonesia.
We offer a superb career opportunity and compensation package. Apply now!
Job Requirements & Qualification:
- Must Have Skill: Nutanix
- Knowledge and/or experience in Nutanix AOS/AHV and/or Hyper-V / VMware ESXi or other converged or hyperconverged platforms.
- Able to independently analyse and diagnose highly complex problems across different platforms.
- Customer centric approach, excellent communication skills
- High level of comfort performing white boarding sessions, group presentations and other customer centric documentation.
- Good to Have:
- VMware certification such at VCP or VCAP
- Nutanix NCP certified
- Migration of workload, both P2V and V2V
- Understanding of storage technologies and data protection technologies like replication, snapshots, backup, restore, etc.
- Python/PowerShell scripting to automate tasks (Desirable)
Job Roles & Responsibilities:
- Assess current usage of Nutanix products (core and portfolio) and drive adoption
- Ensure good customer experience by effective administration and support of customer's existing Nutanix environment, covering -
- Installation and configuration of Nutanix core products
- Upgrades and patching
- Migration from 3-tier to Nutanix
- Cross hypervisor migrations e.g. ESXi to AHV
- Proactively monitoring of alerts and remediation
- Troubleshooting, performance and availability issues
- Capacity planning & reporting
- VM lifecycle Management (creation, deletion, cloning, snapshot etc.)
- Collaborate with Nutanix support for advanced troubleshooting
- Participate in planning and execution of DR drills
- Act as trusted advisor to customer while providing guidance on Nutanix best practices, reference architecture and validated designs.
- Leverage Nutanix products and features to automate administrative tasks
- Collaborates with the Nutanix Sales Team in identifying and communicating new opportunities as well as ongoing customer status and reporting.
- Keep the customer well-informed by providing status reporting on projects, updates to software and any ancillary documentation.
- Conduct PoCs for Nutanix portfolio products
- Training and enablement of customer resources.