This is a role which requires broad, multi technology skills with a minimum working knowledge of networks (Routing, Switches, TCP/IP, Network Layers 1 to 7, troubleshooting) and level 1 skills in a Server Operating System. It is not expected that candidates are fully across all technologies (IP Communications, Storage, Security etc.). HPE may conduct on the job trainings / formal trainings as needed to develop their technical skills but, a base level infrastructure knowledge is mandatory. It is more important that candidates have willingness to learn and have a good customer engagement and troubleshooting approach.
This position will be part of a 24x7 operating Service Desk. The successful candidate will work a 12 hour rotating shift roster and backfill other staff when necessary.
- First point of contact for phone calls and emails from customer and collect the relevant information to prioritise and categorise interactions.
- Respond to automated detected events from the HPE monitoring systems, validate if the event represents an interesting event and collect relevant information to prioritise and categorise the incident.
- Enter incident details and progress of incident resolution into the HPE Incident tracking system.
- Perform diagnostics on IT infrastructure including Routers, Switches, Firewalls, HP-UX, Suse Linux, VMware, MS Windows Servers and Storage.
- Undertake troubleshooting activities to either resolve the incident or identify the need for technical escalation.
- Identify customer sensitive situations and instigate management escalation.
- Ensure that the details of the incident and resolution are correctly recorded into the HPE ITOC Incident tracking system servicenow.
- Maintain a high level of customer satisfaction by owning issues, managing communication both within HP and with the customer, leveraging the wider HP resources to assist and following incidents through to resolution.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of ITIL best practice Demonstrate ability to work effectively with minimum supervision and must have flexibility in accordance with the needs of the business.
- Ability to deal in a fast-pace and high pressured environment
- Undertake other IT administration tasks such as data collection and report preparation.
Work experience requirements:
- Customer service skills, Minimum three years’ experience in similar role.
- Demonstrated passion for technology and an ability to learn new technologies
- Working knowledge of networks (Routing, Switches, TCP/IP, Network Layers 1 to 7, troubleshooting).
- Level 1 skills in a Server Operating System (e.g. MS Windows Server or Linux or HP UX)
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and presentation).
- A structured approach to troubleshooting.
- Diploma/IT degree/certification
- Industry certifications highly regarded (Microsoft, Networking, CCNA, ITIL, HP-UX, Linux, etc.)
- There is an expectation that CCNA and ITIL v3 Foundations Certificate will be achieved within the first 6 months of working in the role.